The standard way, apparently envisioned by Microsoft, is as follows. First, you need to enable Developer tab in Outlook. For this:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Other tab, click Advanced Options, and then select the Show Developer tab in the Ribbon check box.
- Open an old email or create a new one.
- In the email viewing/editing window, click on Developer tab
- Press Visual Basic button
- Once Visual Basic editor opens, select Help from the menu or toolbar.
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\CLVIEW.EXE OUTLOOK.DEV Outlook
CLVIEW.EXEis Office 2007 help viewer. The path to it may need to be adjusted depending on the location of your Office 2007 installation.
This method of course works for other Office applicaitons: all you need to do is replace OUTLOOK.DEV with WINWORD.DEV or EXCEL.DEV in the first command line parameter. The second command line parameter is just window title, so it can be anything.